Monday, February 28, 2011

Site Observations Day 5

Site 1: Top of the Trail
Organism- Green Plant
Species- Dryopteris arguta
Population- Baby plants
Community- trees, leaves, other plants
Ecosystem- wind, sun, tree, leaves, other plants, logs, fallen trees
See- I saw trees, spider webs, plants, logs, bugs, leaves, signs of spring, stump, thorns, thorns bushes, salamander
Feel- I felt a nice, cool, crisp breeze that made me feel calm and relaxed
Hear- I heard people talking, airplanes flying overhead, cars trees rustling, bird chirping

Taken By Riley

Taken by Mrs. Richardson
Site 2: Small Creek
Organism-Crayfish
Species- Crustaceans
Population- Baby crayfish
Community- Tadpoles, dragonfly larva, frogs
Ecosystem- Tadpoles, dragonfly larva, frogs, sunlight, wind
See- I saw tadpoles, frogs, pine trees, trees, logs, crayfish, bugs, dragonfly larva, rocks
Feel- I felt a warm breeze, sunlight, bugs flying
Hear- I heard leaves rustling, people talking, leaves crunching

Taken By Mrs. Richardson
Taken by Mrs. Richardson




Site 3: Another part of the Small Creek
Organism- Frog
Species- Amphibian
Population- Tadpoles
Community- Bugs, Frogs, Tadpoles
Ecosystem- Bugs, Frogs, Tadpoles, Sun, Wind, Leaves
See- I saw frogs, a creek, thorns, logs, rocks, steps, branches, trees ripples from the frog
Feel- I felt heat, sunlight, a small breeze
Hear- I heard the mini waves/current in the creek, the frog as it hit the water
Taken by Mrs. Richardson
Site 4: Beside the Pond
Organism- Canadian Geese
Species- Branta canadensis
Population- Baby Geese
Community- fish, birds
Ecosystem- fish, bird, sun, wind, cattails, algae
See- I saw 7 or more geese in the pond, cattails, pine tree, buses, cars, dock, gate, rocks, pine cones, acorns, roots, algae, birds
Feel- I felt the heat on my skin from being out in the open, little wind
Hear- I heard cars on the near by road, people talking, leaves crunching
Taken By Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment